Signs Your East Boston furnace Is Running Inefficiently
We’ve talked about an older malfunctioning East Boston furnace, but one of the worst kinds of malfunction an East Boston furnace can display is inefficiency. It’s subtle, and a homeowner can miss it for weeks or months or even decades until you find out you overspent hundreds of dollars on your monthly fuel and energy bills to the point where you’re livid. Inefficiency can be noticed by homeowners who aren’t too familiar with the intricacies of their East Boston furnaces. That’s what this blog post is for. We’re going to give you a nifty guide to determine whether or not your East Boston furnace is running inefficiently.
If it is, then it should be evident to you that you’ll require professional plumbing service help. Our team of plumbers specializes in bringing East Boston furnaces in Boston up to speed and helping them run smoothly. We’ll perform East Boston furnace repair in Boston, MA, if you need it.
Your East Boston furnace Shouldn’t Operate Like This
The critical part of figuring out whether your furnace is running efficiently knows the signs to look for. These are specific things that your East Boston furnace should never be doing. We will be mentioning some unambiguous stuff, so make sure to call for a professional plumbing contractor if you discover any of the following!
1) It’s making a weird, peculiar noise. Your furnace makes; sounds like booming, banging, clanging, rattling, and shaking, which are all noises that signal an inefficient heater. If you hear a slight whirring or the sound of air wafting through your vents, then you’re fine.
2) Your thermostat isn’t reading the right temperature. This is a big one. Your East Boston furnace should have no trouble keeping you comfortable on these chilly nights. If your thermostat reads 60, but it feels more like 30 in your home, then something is wrong, and your East Boston furnace is probably consuming a lot of fuel for a poor job costing you more.
3) It smells like it’s burning. A furnace isn’t just a safety hazard overheating East Boston. While we want you to call for help, be alarmed because of the potential health and safety risks, it’s also a sign that your heater’s system isn’t running efficiently. It needs to be repaired.
4) It hasn’t been maintained in years. On average, a maintained East Boston furnace would run 5% more efficiently than a neglected system per year of maintenance performed. That means if your system hasn’t been maintained in 4 years, it’s likely running 20% less efficiently than it should be.
5) The air filter is clogged. The air filter is a fundamental component of your heater. When it clogs up, it stifles the system and stops it from getting the clean airflow it needs. This will gunk things up and cause the system to either overheat, draw in more energy, or fuel, or even compromise the temperature of your home. If any of these HVAC signs sound familiar, we urge you to call us to address the problem head-on!
adjusting, blue, boiler, central, check, engineer, fix, gas, handyman, heater, heating, home, house, install, installation, installing, maintenance, man, mechanic, open, plumber, plumbing, repair, repairing, repairman, service, setup, system, technician, uniform, wall, water, wires, work, worker, workman background, boiler, brass, button, concept, conserve, conserving, controller, copper, costs, electric, energy, fix, gas, handyman, heat, heater, heating, home, hot, hot-water, image, install, installation, installing, maintenance, modern, natural, pipe, plumber, plumbing, repair, service, tank, thermostat, tool, tread, trouble-shooter, troubleshoot, upkeep, very, wall, warning, water, white, wire, work, worker, workman.
If all else fails, call a professional plumber. They’ll be able to address and resolve the issue ins a quick and safe manner, ensuring your bathroom sink drains properly. For more information, contact the Extreme Plumbing Services team today (978) 352-7900