Having a water pipe burst can be an inconvenience. At first, you might not even recognize you have a leak until dampness manifest on the surface of a wall or if it is an underground leak moistness coming up from the floor.
Left unchecked, this can lead to further expensive damages, including mildew, mold as well as prominent structural repairs.
Here are some reasons a pipe could burst -
- Extreme Temperatures: Most people think of cold weather when it comes to pipes bursting; however, intense summer heat can wreak havoc on them as well.
- Previous Repairs: If you have had to fix a crack or broken water line in the past by attempting to join two different metal materials together, most likely you will have to replace it in the future.
This is the equivalent of a band-aid solution. Having a line made of one complete piece can save time and money.
- Day to day use: As time pass, it is natural for pipes to age, as a result, they tend to suffer from corrosion and can develop weak spots. Having your water pipes checked out by a reputable plumber at least once a year can save you the hassle of finding out later, you have a major problem.
What a plumber can do for busted pipe -
- A qualified plumber will check your pipes for erosion and for hidden signs of fissures
- They will be able to check the water pressure, to make sure your system is working proficiently.
- Not only will the expert be able to assist you with your pipes, they will also be able to share with you how to maintain and prevent issues within other areas of plumbing including your toilet, washing machine, sinks and sewer.
As you can see, when you take action to ensure the upkeep of your water pipes, this will result in you having peace of mind.
Having plumbing issues? Contact an expert plumber at Extreme Plumbing Services today.